The Taverners exist to Facilitate Inclusion in Cricket and we have been doing this for a long time.
We strive to achieve our Vision that, Cricket is a sport for all South Australians.
In order to achieve this, we will:
- Support initiatives that include South Australians in cricket.
- Develop and implement fundraising activities to facilitate inclusion in cricket.
- Tell our story and raise awareness of inclusion.
The Taverners' motto is to give the young and disadvantaged a sporting chance.
The Taverners South Australia is:
- The official South Australian Cricket Association (SACA) Community Cricket Partner and the sponsor of the Aboriginal Junior Cricket Academy.
- A charity partner and sponsor of the Darren Lehmann Cricket Academy.
The Taverners Australia is an official Charity partner of Cricket Australia and the major sponsor of the National Cricket Inclusion Championships.
Over the last 18 years, the South Australian Branch, now known as the Taverners SA, has developed a membership base that has contributed hundreds of thousands of dollars to giving the young and disadvantaged a sporting chance in the following ways:
- Supporting Cricket Australia’s National Cricket Inclusion Championships.
- Assisting the SACA run development programs for Indigenous cricketers and cricketers with a disability.
- Allowing an underprivileged Premier Cricketer to take part in a Darren Lehmann Cricket Academy overseas tours.
Achieving our Vision
In order to achieve our vision that, Cricket is a Sport for all South Australians, we will:
- Support initiatives that include South Australians in cricket
- Develop and implement fundraising activities to facilitate inclusion in cricket
- Tell our story and raise awareness of inclusion